Sunday, February 11, 2007

Everything Changes

This is the painting I've selected to be in the Art Show at Gallifrey Con next week. I began it when Christopher Ecclestone was still fairly new to the role. By the time I'd nearly finished it, David Tennant had already been cast as the tenth Doctor. So I thought it appropriate to include him in the painting!
I had the sense with the new series and with Christopher's portrayal of the Doctor that the Doctor's life had been given a shake up. The image which came to mind was of the Doctor taking a handful of pictures of his past selves and literally throwing them in the air as if to say "This is me now. Everything Changes..." New actor, new Doctor, new show - hurrah!
Not forgetting the original classic series though!

Next stop for me - Los Angeles(in 4 days time). Wow!

No comments: