Sunday, May 06, 2007

Beauty and the Beast # 6

The painting is taking shape now. I'm pleased with Vince's face. It can be frustrating at times, only being able to work one or two hours a day, at most. Just occasionally it would be nice to get a whole day's run at it. However, I hope to have finished it in the next week or so. I'm going over and over areas of the painting now, refining and refining until the subjects look nicely three dimensional and lifelike. The final hurdle will be deciding when the painting is complete!

Didn't get any painting done today, because I was at the Cavern Club Doctor Who event, in Liverpool. I met up with friends, networked and watched the panels onstage, which featured Colin Baker, Terrance Dicks, Anneke Wills and Sophie Aldred. The place was packed with people. The Cavern Club is a strange and wonderful venue, steeped in nostalgia and history, tucked away down a side street, and deep underground. As a result it gets very hot and smokey, and I took frequent trips up to the surface for air, only to be greeted by a barrage of cameras whenever I stepped out of the entrance. Even on a Sunday, Mathew Street is a haven for Beatle fans!

I booked my ticket tonight for The Big Session in Leicester, in June. The OysterBand are headlining the event and Show of Hands will be there too. I can't wait to see them both live. I've been playing their new albums to death these last few weeks!

No comments: